In this article, you will get to read about some do’s and don’ts of hot yoga. It will also give you a better explanation on how it can help you transform your physical and mental health. Hot yoga has become a worldwide practice and it is changing people’s lives daily.
What is hot yoga?
It is a form of Yoga that is held in a heated room reaching 104 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit or 40 degrees Celsius making you extremely sweaty while performing the poses for 90 minutes. This may sound a little scary, but an experiment shows that this kind of Yoga only decreases a person’s weight at a very moderate level which does not make it dangerous even to those who have never done any form of Yoga before, as long as they get the proper supervision.
Benefits of Hot Yoga:
• Helps in detoxifying the body by making you sweat
• Being in a heated environment makes you shift from one pose to the next easily
• Your heart rate becomes more elevated making you work harder
• This kind of extreme workout makes you develop more flexibility and a better form of strength
• Your breathing will improve
• Makes your ability to concentrate better. Yoga poses need focus and proper breathing which makes trains you to have a main focal point to improve your balance.
Hot Yoga Classes
How to maintain yourself during a hot yoga class:
• Make sure to drink 2 to 3 liters of water during and after the workout because you sweat a lot during a Hot Yoga class
• Intake a small amount of salt before going to class
• Avoid consuming too much food before attending a class especially dairy products
• Be mindful of how your body is reacting to each Yoga pose and avoid overstretching especially if you’re a beginner. A heated room can make a person feel more flexible, but if you’re a beginner and still new to this kind of Yoga, you must be conscious of your body even more.
• Leave the room right away if you feel dizzy, nauseated, confused and if you’re starting to have a blurred vision.
• Ask permission from your doctor first if you have diabetes, respiratory ailments, and heat-related illnesses
• Wear the proper attire for Hot Yoga. This is important because your body needs to breathe well and do not wear clothes that are too tight to avoid constricting your blood flow during the class.
What to wear to Hot Yoga
1. Breathable and comfortable tops with Spandex material
2. Do not wear a bikini top because it may slip up and expose your breasts
3. Jogging tops give you more security while performing the poses
Is Hot Yoga good for you?
Now that you’ve read about the benefits of hot yoga, maybe you want to try Hot Yoga for yourself. In that case it’s important you do some research first. Because of the extreme exercises in a high temperature room, it is advisable to consult your doctor first.
It is also advisable that you get prior Yoga experience first before going into Hot Yoga class. Taking note of the proper guidelines on how you can stay hydrated and fueled during a classis is a must.
Yoga has taken a lot of people on a wonderful journey and has changed a lot of lives. If you have a friend who is hesitant to try Hot Yoga, have them try Yoga first and make them realize the wonderful benefits. Hot Yoga gives you a better response at life so why not have other people enter this journey with you. Go out there and let Hot Yoga transform your life.