Get a Better Night Rest with Yoga Nidra
Yoga Nidra is ancient relaxation technique which originated in India. It has been practiced by yogis thousands of years ago but is still gaining popularity up to this modern age. Yoga Nidra done before sleep, the so called “Goodnight Meditation” is a very nice way to end your day and release all the stress of the day.
The best thing about the Yoga Nidra Goodnight Meditation is that it does not require any strength or flexibility. It is a yoga technique for everyone, even a pregnant woman can do it. It is a simple process of bringing one’s awareness to the different parts of the body through incorporating relaxed and natural breathing.
Yoga Nidra can Help Solve Problems with Sleep
Yoga Nidra is very beneficial for people who are suffering from Insomnia or having trouble to sleep. The difficulty in sleeping can be caused by health conditions like heart burn, cancer, arthritis and even depression which are all rooted in stress.
Yoga Nidra is a time-tested yoga process that can help the person to rest the mind, soothe one’s heart and rejuvenate the body. It has a hypnotic effect that enables the person to achieve complete relaxation.
Yoga Nidra for Sleep
There are different sequences that you can try in Yoga Nidra but here is the easiest and most ideal for sleep. You may opt for a dim light and a gentle music on the background.
- First is to lie down on a mat , blanket or simply on your bed.
- Lied down comfortably and separate your legs, let your feet fall outward. Place your arms away from your torso, palms up and gently close your eyes.
- Relax your feet, feel the weight of the heels on the floor, bring your awareness to your lower legs and relax them completely. Feel your calf muscles sink into the floor. Relax your knees, feel your thighs move towards the floor as you relax them.
- Breathe naturally and with each exhalation, relax a little more. Bring your awareness to your hips, feel your buttocks against the floor and totally relax by softening your abdomen.
- Immerge in your internal organs sinking towards the back of your body as you relax.
- Feel your back relaxed and your chest. Feel both of them move down as you relax into the floor with each exhalation. Allow your hands and arms to relax completely.
- Let your shoulders go and let them move down as you let go of all your tensions. Relax your neck and your jaw, relax your teeth and lips, feel no tension in your face. Your cheeks are relaxed, so are your eyes and forehead.
- Your eyes are softly closed, your whole body is completely relaxed.
With the natural and complete relaxation that you can get from Yoga Nidra, you can now finally say goodbye to sleeping pills. Just experience the calming effect of Yoga Nidra, and allow yourself to enter a tranquil world.